God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Saturday, December 20, 2008

surgery...

Saturday, December 20
Faith is in surgery as I am typing this post. The contrast study results showed a blockage in her intestine. They don't know what kind of blockage, and it could just be a kink, but we won't know for sure until after the surgery. I will post more details when we know them.
Faith's first tub bath, last night

Pre-op picture from this morning

3 comments:

OthelloSmithFoundation said...

Faith is such a beautiful little girl.

Keely updated us all through LJ about how things are going.

I will be thinking of you all as Faith goes through her surgery today.

Know if you ever need someone to talk to, who has been there..you can always contact me. (My son had gastroschisis, and ended up having a resection then a 5 organ transplant)

Thinking and praying...
Jennifer

Jenny said...

I came over from Keely's journal. I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful little girl, and I am keeping her and your family in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Jenae said...

Raeanna, Dave, Faith and family-

My thoughts are with you all now. You have all been through so much and your strength is empowering for me. I hope this surgery will be Faiths last and allow her to heal as she needs to. Faith is a fighter and I admire her so much for her strength.

The pictures you post, bring me to tears. Faith is so beautiful and I love that you are able to remain a sense of normalcy through this all. I love that you still uphold your attachment parenting, nurturing through all of the resistance you must fight being at the hospital. I know how hard this can be! The bond you and Faith will have will last a lifetime. You are the most amazing mama and you make me so proud! What a strong woman you are! (((HUGS))) to all.

Total site visits: