God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Monday, December 1, 2008

One step forward, two steps back...

Monday, December 1, morning
For some reason, Faith seems more swollen again in her face and head. She has had a busy morning already; the neonatologists came in at about 5:30 and successfully put in a new arterial line. They want to be able to keep better track of her blood pressure, and this way they can draw blood for her labs without poking her heel all the time.
Her overnight nurse, Kathleen, tried to start an IV this morning before she left, but was not successful... Faith's red blood cells are low, so they are going to give her blood (thank you Papa for donating for her!!) and they'd prefer to give it through an IV, but are going to end up doing it through her Broviac since they couldn't get an IV.
I'm still waiting for a doctor to come and explain all of this, and what is going on/why she doesn't seem to be getting better still... I think I'm going to go shower and get dressed and then ask to see Dr. Hall. I've seen him walk by a few times now...

1 comment:

Beckie said...

HI Raeanne,

I've been thinking about you lately and lifting Faith and your family up in prayer. I just had it on my heart today to ask you if you need anything. If there is anything you need ,please email me at graingerfam5@yahoo.com
hugs,
Beckie
(calvary chapel)

Total site visits: