God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Monday, March 16, 2009

Boston hopes

I've been looking alot at Boston Children's website in the past couple of days, just doing everything I can to familiarize myself with the hospital and the services available there, both for Faith's healthcare and for my own sanity (and the sanity of whoever joins me there). In all of my reading, I've found that not only do they have the Center for Advanced Intestinal Rehabilitation (the CAIR program) that I've mentioned before, but they also have a Center for Motility and Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders. Technically, Faith would fit under the scope of both programs. So, I am feeling very hopeful and positive that with the help of the experts in these two programs, we will be able to get Faith's gut working like it should, and maybe even get her eating by mouth!
Anyway, that's all I wanted to say :) Click on the links, read more about the programs, and some of the things that might be in store for us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm from Alabama but now reside in atlanta GA to go to college. I found you through caleigh's site. I'm about to be 20 and have short bowel syndrome since birth but not from gastro but from NEC. Hope yall have a safe trip and get her gut to work. in my prayers and thoughts. love becky

Total site visits: