God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Friday, February 20, 2009

100...

Friday, February 20
Well, tomorrow is 100 days. Kind of depressing... I think what's worse though is that we're no closer to going home than we were two months ago. They don't exactly know what's going on, why Faith's intestines/stomach still aren't really working right. The lower part of her intestine is working fine, it's the part that they operated on that still isn't working. And since it isn't working, the stomach doesn't want to empty, because if it empties into that part of the intestine, and that part isn't working, it just comes back up. When I asked Dr. Sandoval tonight what the back-up plan is if that part of intestine doesn't start working right, he pretty much said they don't have one, but that he's optimistic that it's just a matter of time and it will wake up and start working.
Faith is really growing. It's hard to tell if it's true growth or just retained fluid... she doesn't look super swollen, but the headband that was too big on her last week is fitting this week, and her hands definitely swelled up around her thumb splints tonight... She weighed over 9 lbs tonight. As much as I want her to grow, I still hope she doesn't outgrow the clothes she has here (all her newborns) until we are ready to go home... We have lots of 0-3 month clothes at home, but I think it will be hard to have to bring them here for her to wear. Her going home outfit is 0-3 months, so hopefully she won't grow too much and it will still fit when she gets to finally go home.
Anyway, I don't have too much else to say... Like I said, no one really knows what's going on, no one has any idea when she'll be able to start eating by mouth, and no one has the slightest clue when we'll ever get to go home.

1 comment:

Titus 2 Moms said...

Raeanne,
I'm so sorry. I just cannot imagine being in the hospital for 100 days and the frustration of the Dr's news. I would love to come visit with you soon - will send an email to try an figure out a time that works best with your schedule. Know that we are continually praying for your family and this is all in God's perfect hands.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Blessings & hugs,
Lori

Total site visits: