God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Friday, March 20, 2009

Homeward Bound!!

Friday, March 20
I am packing up the last of our things, Faith took another carseat test, we're loading up the wagon... we are getting out of here this morning! I've done all the learning, I know how to work the feed pump, the TPN pump, and the lipids pump, I know how to mix the TPN, I can't say I know how to hook up the TPN tubing since Maree and I sort of had to guess at it last night, and we're pretty sure there are pieces missing... but there will be a nurse coming to our house tonight who will help with that. Technically, I'm already ahead of the game since I know how to mix it, because she was supposed to be showing us all of that tonight, but I had to figure it out last night on my own. Not that hard, I can cook and read a recipe, and it's basically the same thing, but with a lot more needles and alcohol swabs.
We have our room in Boston and a ride from the airport to the hospital, I've talked to the airline and TSA about our upcoming flight, I have the TSA Operations Supervisor's number to call as soon as we get to the airport on Monday, and there's a gate pass already arranged for Dave... I think all our bases are covered there... We've got one more nurse for Faith to take a picture with, and then we are done!
It is going to be strange to be home after living here so long, I've gotten so used to popping my head out the door to ask the nurse a question... I'm going to miss all of our nurses, they've been almost like a surrogate family while we've been here. The surgeons came by on rounds for the last time a little while ago, I'm pretty sure they said something like, "Thank God these guys are finally getting out of here!" ;-)
I probably won't post much over the weekend. It's going to be insanely busy with packing for an indefinite trip halfway across the country, and we're doing a last-minute baby dedication on Sunday at church. I will do a quick post just before we leave here today, with pictures of Faith in her going-home outfit, but otherwise stay tuned for an update when we get to Boston Tuesday morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe flight sweetheart(s). I will write back to your email this week, promise.

Total site visits: