God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Saturday, July 11, 2009

formula and older brother perceptions

Saturday, July 11
Faith started on formula tonight for her tube feeds. I'll be supplementing what breastmilk I'm still pumping with Neocate, at least until she's one and we can try transitioning her to regular milk. I hadn't expected at all that she'd be able to take regular milk that early on, but the nutritionist at our CAIR appointment in Boston this week said she thought we'd probably be able to try it. Noah couldn't drink regular milk until he was about 15 months old, it gave him really bad eczema on his legs, but maybe she'll be able to handle it easier. With Noah, he already had eczema when he was just nursing from the milk in my diet, and Faith hasn't had any issues like that, so my fingers are crossed!
Speaking of Noah, I'm really not sure how much he comprehends about Faith's stuff, but I think it's really interesting. He knows she has tubes, and will actually tell me when we're in the car if Faith is playing with her "tubey". He also noticed that Faith didn't have a belly button- he'd list everyone in the family, saying they each had a belly button, and then he said "Faith doesn't have a belly button, Faith has an owie." And a pretty funny assumption of his that I just found out tonight- we were on the tollway driving past the airport, and saw a plane taking off. Just for fun and to make conversation, I asked him where he thought the plane was going. His answer- "To the doctor." Because he knows Faith rides on the airplane to go to the doctor. And we saw more planes take off after that one, and sure enough, every single one was going to the doctor. I know Faith won't remember any of this, but I do wonder how much, if any of it, Noah is going to remember...

2 comments:

Britni said...

So happy to hear that Faith is doing so well, just wanted to let you guys know we are still reading and praying!

Adriana said...

i'm very happy for you!! my baby born with gastroschisis and I'm also having trouble introducing solids just like you said she almost 7 mo. and she don't take any solid food.

Total site visits: