God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
(2 Corinthians 1:3b-4, NLT)


Friday, July 10, 2009

Awesome labs!

Friday, July 10
Faith and I are home after a long and bumpy flight. She's still a little rockstar after her surgery yesterday, just like nothing ever happened, and she made many friends with her flirty eyes and smiles on the flight home.
I just had to post some of her lab results, because they are so awesome I can't believe it! Her liver enzymes are great- AST 32, ALT 20, and her bili levels are amazing too- total bili 0.3, direct bili 0.1!! To put it in perspective, when we got to Boston less than four months ago, her AST was 436, ALT was 318, total bili was 9.9, and direct was 6.7... !!!!
I honestly can't believe how much better she is, it doesn't seem like it was just 3 1/2 months ago that I took little orange Faith on our first flight to Boston... How anyone could deny Omegaven's effectiveness is COMPLETELY beyond my understanding. I'm excited to take these lab results to share with Dr. Soden when we follow up with him in August... it will be our last appointment with him, because we will probably be done with Boston soon and will need a doctor here who I trust to make decisions, and I will never trust him... but it will be worth it to see him one last time, to show him just how wrong he was!

No comments:

Total site visits: